Notice of Race | Charter Request | Harken Sailing World Preview | Location Info
Welcome to The Sail Newport Sailing Center!
We are located at Fort Adams State Park, are Rhode Island's largest sailing centre and are considered it's premier public sailing and racing site. The Byte CII World Championships will be sailed out of the Sailing Center between August 24th and 28th, 2013 .
Download the Notice of Race
Zim Sailing Charter Request
Zim Sailing will endeavor to satisfy the requirements of all MNAs but there will be a limit to the number of boats available. The first 2 boats requested by an MNA will be reserved on a first come, first served basis. Any requests for more than 2 boats by the same MNA will be put on a waiting list and, at the charter reservation deadline (June 30, 2013), any boats that are still available will be allocated on the basis on the original date of the request. Deadline for charter payment is July 15, 2013. Charter boats reserved prior, that have not paid, will be released back into the charter pool.
No changes, additions, or alterations to the spars, sail, hull and fittings shall be made except for those permitted by class rules.
Damage: Persons chartering a boat will be held responsible for all damage, loss or theft to the dolly, the boat, or the additional equipment that they have chartered, including blades, spars, sails or any other component thereof which was part of the charter. The boat and equipment chartered are new or like new and must be returned in the same condition as received, void of any tape or tape residue, hull numbers, scratches, salt and sand, or defacing markings.
1. Wet or dry sanding of the hulls or any other equipment is prohibited.
2. The use of waxes, polishing compounds or similar is prohibited.
3. The use of surf wax or similar is prohibited.
4. Competitors may wash their boat with detergent and water.
5. Competitors may bring and use their own sheets, control lines, tillers, and extensions.
6. No repairs may be undertaken without the permission of the Organizing Committee and Zim Sailing.
7. The use of the charter boat may be withdrawn if, in the sole opinion of the Zim Sailing Representative and the Organizing Committee, a competitor breaks any of the conditions of charter or treats or handles a charter boat without care or in a manner which causes or is likely to cause damage to the boat.
8. Any competitor found towing at more than 5kts will be charged $500 and have the equipment withdrawn immediately.
9. No drilling or piercing of any part of the boat or equipment is permitted.
10. Tape residue, scuffs or any marks that can be removed without sanding or repair must be so removed at the end of the event by the competitor.
11. All equipment (including hull/blades/spars) should be rinsed free of salt, sand or dirt incurred from the site. It is the responsibility of the competitor to return the equipment in an appropriate state.
12. Responsibility for damage to boats or to other property will be determined under the racing rules and all contestants will be bound thereby
13. Competitors are not covered by any Zim insurance. It is required (see NOR) that competitors have their own coverage for personal liability insurance. At-fault damages to other boats are the responsibility of the skipper.
Note: Check your own boat insurance or Home Owner's policy as you may have coverage. If so, get a note from your insurer.
Download the Charter Request Application
Sail Newport is located in the Fort Adams State Park just inside Narragansett Bay on the south side of Newport in the State of Rhode Island.
Course A - Primary Race Area: Potter Cove
Course B - Secondary Race Area between Goat and Rose Islands